GFC Policies and Contracts
Coaches will distribute playing time by taking into account the nature and importance of each match to maximize both player development and team development, while still giving the team a chance to win. Coaches are asked to work with the Director of Coaching to rate each tournament/league and each match within the tournament/league and adjust playtime accordingly.
1. Prior to June 1st, a club-level player that leaves GFC may receive a refund for the remaining months.
2. No refunds will be given after June 1st to the club-level players.
3. Any club-level player that wants to transfer to another club before June 1st will need GFC to complete a Player Transfer, which requires a $50 transfer fee. This fee must be submitted to GFC prior to the Player Transfer being completed.
4. A player must be in good standing with GFC in order to transfer.
5. All club fees for PreClub or Club level players annual. However, the club offers different monthly plans for PreClub and Club players. The price is calculated by taking into account all missed days and breaks due to weather conditions or holidays.
6. State of Emergency: There will be no refund/compensation for canceled/postponed training times due to a state of emergency.
7. Weather Condition: There will be no refund/compensation for canceled training times due to the weather conditions.
8. Federal Holidays: There will be no refund/compensation for days off on federal Holidays. Please check our holiday calendar: Holiday Calendar
9. Christmas time closure: There will be no refund/compensation for Christmas and New Year’s holidays’ break, refer to point 5.
DISCLAIMER: GFC may change and/or update this policy from time to time without notice.
GFC expects the highest standard of behavior from its parents. Coaching from the sidelines is not allowed and respect for referees is required.
Along with coaching from the sidelines, the following behavior is not tolerated:
• Arguments with the other team’s parents, players, or coaches.
• Entering the field of play for any reason during the game.
• Criticizing game officials. The referee is the final authority.
• If any of the above are not followed, disciplinary actions will take place up to and including player suspension.
All parents must adhere to the 48-hour rule: no communication for 48 hours following any incident. Our escalation policy: First to team manager, then to Coach, then to Director of Coaching. E-mails to staff not consistent with our escalation policy will be ignored.
Financial CommitmentNonpayment of registration and/or team fees may result in late fees, player suspension, or removal from the team.
Travel PolicyThe highest standards are expected, players are representing GFC everywhere they go.
Parent Sportsmanship Agreement
The Board of Directors of Glendale FC Committee has adopted a “Zero Tolerance of Verbal Abuse” policy. We appreciate our member parents’ support in maintaining a program that reflects mutual respect, fair play, cooperation, and sportsmanlike conduct. We endeavor to provide a positive environment conducive to improving our players’ self-confidence and understanding of life’s important lessons through the examples that we, their parents, set. By signing, you agree to the following:
• I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, game officials, and administrators at all times.
• I will place the emotional and physical well-being of all players ahead of any personal desire to win.
• I will support the coaches, referees, and administrators working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
• I will remember that the game is for the players, not for the adults.
• I will teach players that honest effort is as important as victory, so that the result of each game is accepted without undue disappointment.
• I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, game officials, administrators, and fans with respect.
• I will always be positive.
• I will always allow the coach and his designated assistants to be the only coaches, by refraining to act as a coach from the sidelines.
• I will not speak negatively about the club, the teams, the coaches and will only bring up my concerns during designated team meetings
Conduct During Games and Practices
Comments or points of view contrary to the coach’s decision(s) must not be made during the game, and a period of 48 hours must pass before any question(s) or suggestion(s) can be made to the coach.
The goal is DEVELOPMENT, the coach will be the one who directs the players at the practices and games: it is in the player’s best interest if they only receive instructions from the coach.
Failure to do so will result in consequences, as follows:
1. First offense: Warning
2. Second offense: Parent or guardian will be removed from the field.
3. Third offense: Possible member removal from the club.
Covid -19 Waiver Form
In consideration of being allowed to participate in athletic programming, sanctioned activities and events (collectively “Sanctioned Activities”) related to the California State Soccer Association-South (Cal South) and affiliate member Glendale FC, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. Participation in such Sanctioned Activities inherently includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH INHERENT RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE ACTIVE OR PASSIVE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation in such Sanctioned Activities with regards to protection against infectious diseases. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS Releasees their officers, directors, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the Sanctioned Activities, WITH
RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE ACTIVE OR PASSIVE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, hereby agree to defend and indemnify RELEASEES for all such claims, causes of actions, allegations, or matters arising out of, relating to, based upon or in any way connected to my participation in such Sanctioned Activities.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian, with legal responsibility for this participant, have read and explained the provisions in this waiver/release to my child/ward including the risks of presence and participation and his/her personal responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations for protection against communicable diseases. Furthermore, my child/ward understands and accepts these risks and responsibilities. I, for myself, my spouse, and child/ward, do consent and agree to his/her release provided above for all the Releasees and myself, my spouse, and child/ward do release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees for any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s/ward’s presence or participation in these activities as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent provided by law.
The signed waiver/release should be kept on file by the sports organization for at least 7 years and possibly longer if the player has contracted a serious illness.